The HERE Map Tile v2 is a REST API that allows you to request map tile images for all regions in the world. These map tiles, when combined in a grid, form a complete map of the world using the Mercator Projection.
The map tiles show different types of map information such as base map, aerial map, and traffic information. In addition, you can also obtain metadata information about specific tiles, filter POI tiles based on their categories, and show different map views depending on the geopolitical views for that location.
Not all of the functionality described in this document is available for China due to missing map content. If you have questions, contact your HERE Account Executive.
The table below lists the high level use cases for the HERE Map Tile v2.
|Retrieve a map tile image||The HERE Map Tile v2 allows you to request for different types of map tiles such as basemap tiles, label tiles, line tiles or street tiles, and so on, by providing details such as the position, format, or zoom level.|
|Customize the look and feel of a map tile image||The HERE Map Tile v2 lets you specify scheme, zoom level, and resolution of a map tile image.|
|Retrieve copyright information for a map||The HERE Map Tile v2 lets you retrieve copyright information for a particular map version.|
|Retrieve metadata information for a specific location||The HERE Map Tile v2 lets you obtain metainfo tiles that provide metadata information about specific map tiles. This metadata can then be used to enable interactivity or to obtain information about the labels or objects rendered on a tile.|
- The Get started - HERE developer portal on how to quickly set up and start using the HERE Map Tile v2.
- The HERE Documentation License lists the terms and conditions covering this documentation.
- The API Reference provides descriptions of the resources, parameters, return types and error codes of the HERE Map Tile v2.
- Data privacy is of fundamental importance to HERE and our customers. We practice data minimization and don’t collect data we don’t need. And we promote pseudonymity for data subjects wherever a service does not require personal information to function. We employ privacy by design in services we develop. We strive to go beyond mere regulatory compliance and make privacy an integral part of our corporate culture. We believe that our approach to privacy is vital to earning and retaining the trust of our customers – and the bedrock of our future success as a data-driven location platform.
- For more information on how data privacy is of fundamental importance to HERE and our customers, see the HERE Privacy Charter.